Advanced Data Center Infrastructure Management Systems
The data center ecosystem is becoming more complex and diverse in this generation. It is common to have data centers with heterogeneous and dynamic systems based out of public and private clouds. Multi-hypervisor architectures and converged systems that integrate servers, software, storage and network are extremely popular today. The market for converged systems is projected to grow to an astonishing $17.8 billion in 2016 from the $2 billion in 2011. In 2008, the average number of virtual machines hosted in a physical server was 5-6. This number has grown to 9-10 in 2012, taking up the demand for more sophisticated infrastructure management systems.
Following were the most critical demands in 2013 for data center management systems as reported in a survey conducted by IDC.
- 48.8% of the respondents had improving operational efficiency and IT staff productivity and as their top most priority.
- 40.3% were focused on having common management software and process across non-cloud and cloud deployments
- 39.3% had reducing the number of tools and management software vendors as their prime goal.
The need of the hour is an orchestration system that can efficiently integrate governance, policies and service models in a heterogeneous and diverse ecosystem consisting of legacy, cloud and virtual infrastructure.
- A modern orchestration system should be automated and based on patterns and templates instead of brittle script based systems that are tied to vendors and application resource configurations.
- The system should be built using plug and play architecture so that it can expand based on increasing needs.
- Another feature is that the system should be able to dynamically discover services so as to support real-time optimization and migration.
- The system should have the ability to be able to define a single set of policies and rules across platforms, workloads, groups and users.
If you are looking to build or lease a data center that is scalable to meet the demands of the future, then do contact www.lifelinedatacenters.com for the best solutions customized for your needs.