Data Center World 2016 Rundown: Video of Rich’s Talk, Photos, and Takeaways
This year, Lifeline Data Centers exhibited and presented at Data Center World, which was a great event held in Las Vegas from March 14 to March 18 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Cocktail Hour & Exhibition Hall
As an event sponsor, we hosted a cocktail hour on Wednesday, March 16 from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. and exhibiting on Wednesday and Thursday from 12 - 4:30 p.m. (both days). We were at Booth 937, where we talked about:
- EMP: Electromagnetic pulse
- Rated-4: Uptime standards
- FedRAMP: Compliance at the highest level
We also interviewed data center professionals and experts at our booth. The interviews will continue to be posted over the next few weeks:
Rich also spoke at the event, both on Wednesday and Friday.
RCM - Reliability-Centered Maintenance (Case Study)
- Description: The presentation provided practical information about the Reliability Centered Maintenance framework. It discussed the role of Reliability-Centered Maintenance in the modern data center where it can coexist and integrate with ISO-9001, Six Sigma, TIMS, and other process improvement and maintenance standards. It included two brief case studies.
- Download the slides here
Watch the talk below.
ITM 6.1: Managing the Risky Data Center (Panel)
- Description: A host of risks faces data center operators, whether they use colocation sites or internal facilities. This session will explore the risks threatening data center operators and provide a methodology for prioritizing hazard mitigation measures. Drawing on insights provided by international standards such as TIA 942 and SS507, attendees will learn how to identify and assess risks, formulate responses, and manage the cost of proper preparedness. The result will be a more robust and resilient data center that offers the flexibility and up-time performance businesses demand.
All in all, it was a great trip and we enjoyed our time there.